Fones, Flops and Fleas...
Well, it's been awhile between postings. I seem to be spending all my time either chasing up arrangements for our move, chasing up my phone/computer/desk space, looking at houses or trying to come up to speed on what I should be doing at work. It's 3 weeks now I've been waiting for my phone and a desk. I got my computer but it's got an error message that pops up everytime I start it up.
Other than that, things are going along as well as can be expected - in the US. In Dubai it's another story all together. I'll have to enlist Lori to fill in the blanks at a later date but suffice it to say, it's not been even in the same zip code as beer and skittles.
I've been through an estimated 65 houses looking for a decent rental or sale property. Pretty bizarre selections out there, let me tell you. I've been through numerous rentals that are not in any shape for occupation. I've seen properties on the market for sale that leave me with only one thought..."what the...?"
Every home I saw seemed to be just a half a bubble off. Excellent renovations on everything except...the kitchen. Much money spent on some rooms but other rooms completely overlooked. Cables hanging out of walls and lights that don't work during the inspection and lawns left to become a jungle. Not things that make you say, "I really gotta live here".
The main one that didn't take my fancy was the 1970's party pad rental with the deep blue carpet, cat pee scented basement and...wait for it...fleas. Yes, after my inspection of the place, I stepped outside, feeling a prickly feeling on my lower legs (I was wearing shorts). The agent looked down and cried, "you've got fleas!" Sure enough, I had fleas all over my legs beneath the knees. I managed to shake them all off but by the end of the day I couldn't wait to take a nice long shower!

2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home