Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Where's The Pork?

Since we've come to DC we've heard nothing but griping about the pork barrel antics up in Congress. Especially the kerfluffel over the "Bridge to Nowhere" - umpteen billion dollars for a bridge to an island in Alaska with a population of about 50 people. HOWEVER, I've found a much bigger story; a rort (Oz speak) of enormous proportions.

Those of you who have been to DC and visited the Metro or our many fine malls will understand when I point out that somebody has made a nice chunk of dough selling high tech, shiny, very expensive staircases to facilities all over town. "Staircases?" you ask. Yes, that's what I said - staircases. I believe that if they moved they would qualify to be called ESCALATORS (or BLOODY escalators, as we call them every time they sit there inert when we're trying to drag luggage up or down them).

So where's the pork in DC? I'm thinking some Congressman's brother got the contract for these lemons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home